Paris Saint-Germain

Soccer
Paris Saint-Germain
Collapse map / See photo gallery
+
Add to list

Paris Saint-Germain is a professional football club that plays home fixtures at Parc des Princes in Paris, France. The Stadium was built in 1897, lastly renovated in 1972, and can hold up to 48,712 fans for Saint-Germain games. PSG (as they are called) first... ... read more

Paris Saint-Germain Videos

PSG 2011-2012 HD
0:00 / 0:00
PSG 2011-2012 HD 2,067 views
Paris Saint Germain 1,785 views
Marseille-Paris Saint Germain [Le Classique] 33,788 views
Mamadou Sakho...Workhorse of PSG 8,220 views
Best of PSG (Buts historiques...) 96,294 views
Blast from the Past [Psg - Real Madrid 4 - 1] 28,871 views
PSG 1-0 Lorient 10,479 views

Paris Saint-Germain Info

Paris Saint-Germain

Paris Saint-Germain is a professional football club that plays home fixtures at Parc des Princes in Paris, France. The Stadium was built in 1897, lastly renovated in 1972, and can hold up to 48,712 fans for Saint-Germain games. PSG (as they are called) first took the field in 1970 and currently competes in Ligue 1, France’s top tier football division. In its short history, PSG has become one of the top teams in the league, and has won multiple league championships and numerous Coupe de France titles. Some of the team’s notable players have included Dominique Rocheteau, Javier Pastore, and Ezequiel Lavezzi. Being one of France’s most popular teams, Saint-Germain tickets can be difficult to find for big matches if not bought ahead of time.

Paris Saint-Germain User Comments

Amielle C. Mar 18, 2013
A relatively new club, Paris Saint-Germain (or PSG as they're commonly called), was founded in 1970 and even in their relatively short time, have quite the silverware to their name. Now, there's the promise of even more. After buying a 70% controlling stake in 2011, Qatar Investment Authority bought the remaining 30% in 2012, thus making PSG the richest club in France. It's also granted them the ability to buy impressive players over the last year, the most notable being Zlatan Ibrahimovic and David Beckham. Currently top of Ligue 1 and looking to claim the title for the first time since 1994, they're also doing well in Europe. They're biggest test will be against revered FC Barcelona as they face off in two legs to move on from the quater finals of the Champions League. Even if they lose, having made it this far in less than two seasons shows that QIA is keeping their word about turning PSG into a dominating club. What the true challenge will be is seeing if it will last longer into the future and give them the legacy other top clubs possess.
Shirish J. Oct 6, 2012
Another club that ran into a gold mine. The recent acquisition of the club by Qatari owners has given the club enough money to spend 250 millions euros in a single transfer window which has been compared to the amount of money spent by other top clubs over 5 summer transfer windows. The influx of money has seen them land top players like Zlatan Ibrahmovic, Thiago Silva, Ezequiel Lavezzi. With the amount of money and current crop of players they have, they should be able to achieve domestic glory but the european competition will be the true test as it includes all the top teams in europe.
Never miss out on the big game again! Sign Up for our weekly email and stay in the know for every game!

Book Now and Save at Hotels.com

Are we missing a venue or event?
Find your scene